Interested in consigning a horse to our special consignment sale? Give us a call to start the registration process.
Here are the details important to all consignors for the upcoming catalog sale.
Consignor – Terms and Conditions
- For each horse consignment, the catalog fee is $100. The commission is 13% of the total sale price.
- Reserves must be declared in advance to the auction house. Once a horse is consigned, the reserve can not be raised. Reserves can be lowered or removed. There is no pass-out fee for horses that don’t sell due to not meeting their reserve price.
- A $25 pass-out fee will be charged for horses that don’t meet their declared reserved. Owners have the first right of refusal while the horse is still in the auction ring.
- If the seller rejects the final bid and the reserve has been met, the owner will owe the auction house full commission on the final bid price.
- If the seller rejects the final bid and no reserve was placed beforehand, the owner will owe the auction house full commission on the final bid price.
- Copy of papers (if papered) along with the catalog fee must be received before entry will be accepted.
- Any out-of-state horse must have a negative Coggins test no older than six months from the date of sale and a current animal health.
- While we don’t require a negative Coggins for in-state horses, we highly recommend you get one along with an animal health. Horses with a negative Coggins and animal health will be disclosed to bidders.
- Horses will sell in catalog number order unless a consigner is not ready to show when it’s their turn. Horses that don’t enter the area when it’s their turn will be sold last unless the auction house chooses to sell the horse out of order.
- If a horse is sold on grounds outside of the sale ring, the sale must go through the office.
- All consigned horses must have clean and clear high-resolution photos of each horse. All photos are subject to selection by the auction staff. Please review our photo and video standards before submitting them.
- A catalog sale is intended to benefit both sellers and buyers by advertising horses well in advance in an effort to give the best possible opportunity to realize the market price. Once a horse has been accepted into the catalog, we expect that horse to be at the auction on sale day. If you withdraw your horse for any reason other than infirmary, you will be assessed a pullout fee of $275 in addition to the catalog fee, which is nonrefundable.
- Cataloged horses will be assigned their own stall. Horses can be dropped off by appointment starting Friday, August 26th. Our facility provides standard feed at no additional charge from Friday August 26th-27th. Any feed for special diet requirements must be provided by the consignor with notice to the auction house.
- Every horse must be consigned with a halter. A $25.00 Halter Charge will be applied to every horse that arrives without a halter or has its halter removed prior to the horse leaving the auction facility.
- Horses not cataloged will sell last. No exceptions will be made.
- Each horse consigned to this sale must pass through the auction sales arena, and all transactions must go through the sales office. The auction house has determined hip numbers and Stall assignments. Hip numbers cannot be removed by the consignor or the buyer while the horse is on-site. Assigned stalls can only be changed by the auction house management. All persons attending this sale do so at their own risk and are urged to use caution around all animals while on Auction grounds. Any item not covered in these “Terms and Conditions” shall be regulated according to the established customs and practices of professional auction companies.
Payment: Horses are paid for only after the buyers of your horses have paid for their purchase in full. Checks will be issued the Wednesday following the sale.